If you would like to earn the 2017 Solar Eclipse Patch, here are the requirements:
1. Locate a site suitable for viewing the eclipse. You can see the exact path and precise timing at https://www.nasa.gov
2. Describe how to safely view the eclipse.
3. Discuss with your group what you saw and felt during the eclipse. Post your comments and pictures on social media using the hashtag #BSAEclipse2017.
4. Cub Scouts - Discuss what a solar eclipse is. Boy Scouts - Draw a diagram of the positions of the moon, earth, and sun to show how an eclipse occurs.
5. Go to a Scout Shop and purchase your 2017 Solar Eclipse Patch.
The times for viewing the solar eclipse on Monday, August 21st in Utah County are:
- begins at 10:13 am
- reaches maximum point at 11:33 am
- ends at 12:59 pm