Fire Prevention Division
The Fire Prevention Division consists of Fire Marshal Mat Sacco and Deputy Fire Marshal Jason Turner. The Fire prevention Division performs annual inspection of all businesses within American Fork City to ensure compliance of fire codes and ordinances. These inspections help to reduce and eliminate fire hazards and dangerous conditions existing within your business in American Fork City.
The Division is responsible for maintaining complete inspection records for: fire alarms, fire suppression systems, investigations, complaints, special hazards and such other information as may be required. The Fire Prevention Division is responsible for providing inspection services to the City of American Fork. These services include:
- Pre-construction site plan review
- Final construction inspections
- Fire Code Enforcement
- Issue violations notices where appropriate
- Conduct re-inspection
- Handle citizen complaints regarding fire safety hazards
- Fire Investigations
- Fire Safety Education
- Business Inspections
- Day Care/Preschool
The Fire Prevention Division enforces applicable provisions of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Life Safety Code, State Adopted International Fire and Building Code with amendments, American Fork City Ordinances.
The Fire Prevention Division also reviews all new and existing building plans for construction services. All plans are examined to assure that they meet all requirements of national, state, and local codes. Once the plans are reviewed and the construction site is inspected, fire systems tested and approved, a certificate of fire clearance is issued.
The Fire Investigator investigates origin, cause and circumstances of all fires within American Fork City. The Fire Investigator responds to incidents involving:
- Fires believed to be intentionally set
- Fires involving juveniles
- Fires involving fatality
- Fires involving high dollar loss
- Acts of terrorism (i.e. fire bombing, structural sabotage)
- Hazardous Condition of an occupancy representing an immediate threat to life safety (i.e. assembly overcrowding, blocked exits, building collapse, compromised fire protection and detection systems, etc.)
AF Fire Marshal