The American Fork Planning Department oversees the future physical development of the City by coordinating efforts with residents, City departments, and potential developers to result in a sustained community that is both desirable as a living environment for its citizens and economically viable.
General Plans for American Fork
- Zoning, Land Use, TOD (Transit Oriented Development) - Maps
- Transportation - General Plan
- Bike and Pedestrian Facilities - Map
- Bike and Pedestrian Facilities - General Plan
- Parks, Open Spaces, and Trails - General Plan
- Moderate Income Housing - General Plan 2010, 2012, 2015, 2017
- Station Area Plan - General Plan 2014
- Main Street Vision - General Plan 2010, 2016
- Land Use - General Plan
The Planning Department relies on residents to contribute their input and opinions on proposed development projects. Residents can get involved by attending Public Hearings and Planning Commission Meetings to provide their own feedback on proposed community changes.
- What do I need to know to add to my home, finish a basement, build a fence, or learn more about setbacks? (see Building Department Checklists)
- Where do I learn more about basement/accessory apartments? (see code 17.5.134 - Accessory apartments)
- What do I need to know to develop a subdivision, a new commercial project, or a new industrial project? (see Planning Department Applications)
- How do I apply for a business license? (see Business License & Renewal)
Planning Department Application Forms
View and print applications available for the Planning Department. The following development projects require review and approval by the Planning Department:
- Code Text Amendment
- Commercial Site Plan
- General Plan Amendment
- Residential Accessory Structure Site Plan
- Subdivision Preliminary Plan
- Subdivision Final Plat
- Zone Change
If you are interested in developing property, annexing property, changing the zone or land use on property, or want to amend the City Development Code, this document is a guide through the process.
View and print applications and forms available for the Planning Department.
Review development schedules and fees.