5 Reasons to Participate in the Summer Reading Program at American Fork Library
by Casandria Crane
Exciting things are happening starting June 1 at the Library! We have been hard at work, planning a new and improved Summer Reading program, and we are so happy that it’s finally here! The theme for this year is “A Universe of Stories”. Here are 5 reasons why every member of your family will enjoy participating:
1. Free of Charge: Community sponsors and American Fork City give their support so everyone can take advantage of this awesome incentive program at no cost. You’ll be able to win prizes, attend events, and connect with other families in American Fork, all for free!
2. Get Out of the House: Are you worried about having kids at home and no schedule whatsoever? Make a plan to visit the library every week! Here are only a few of the programs you and your family can attend: Summer Code Club, Summer Reading Storytime, STEAM programs, After-Hours Movie Nights, Magician Jason Fun, Water Day in the Park, A Sci-Fi Author Panel and Short Story Contest, and more! Pick up a calendar or check our website to see everything we have going on.
3. Healthy Brains: Kids lose up to 4 months’ worth of learning every summer. Self-selected reading has proven the best way for kids to engage in the written word, increase their reading level significantly, and fall in love with books.* Adults benefit as well! Readers of all ages expand their worldview, learn empathy, and develop their creativity and imagination.
4. Flexibility and Simplicity: Everyone can participate, even babies. You can go on vacation and come back without missing anything. Drop in any time—we are always happy to see you!
5. Fun: The best reward for participating in the Summer Reading Program is that you get to enjoy the magic of books, individually and as a family. A Universe of Stories is waiting for you at the American Fork Library, and it will be wonderful to explore it together this summer!